WFP Lists Modernist Forest Hills Home
Washington Fine Properties has listed 4101 Linnean Avenue NW, an elegant one-of-a-kind Forest Hills residence offered at $4,495,000.
Sited on over half and acre of land backing to the wooded grounds of the Hillwood museum, the home was built in 1992 by noted modernist architect Heather Cass.
The open and airy interior is characterized by soaring ceilings and countless windows and skylights taking full advantage of the stunning woodland backdrop. Perhaps its most notable feature is its two-wing great room with 22' walls of windows, elegant open stairway, walkout to the home's rear patio, and second floor walkway above lined with bookshelves and closets.
The home's two-wing design allows for separation of formal and family space on the main level, and preserves privacy on the bedroom levels. Multiple rooms throughout the home could be used flexibly as office space, game rooms, or libraries, and its numerous closets and built-ins allow for ample storage space.
- Great room with 22' ceilings, gas fireplace
- Formal dining room with butler's pantry with sink, wine refrigerator, and warming drawer
- Newly renovated Bulthaup kitchen featuring Wolf range and double oven, Sub-Zero refrigerator, Miele dishwasher, and stylish flat-front cabinets with ample storage
- Family room adjoining Kitchen with large pantry and access to home's 2-car garage
- Mud room with powder room
- Laundry room
- Guest suite with full en suite bath
- Large family/media room
- Double office with built-in desks
- Powder room and coat closet
- Master bedroom with vaulted ceiling and fireplace
- Master bath/dressing room 1 with sauna
- Master bath/dressing room 2 with soaking tub and sitting area
- Bedrooms 2 and 3, each with walk-in closet and loft above
- Hall bath with two vanities and separate tub and shower
- Bedroom 4 with en suite bath
- Children's office nook with desk and window seat
- Fenced-in sport court LOWER LEVEL
- Large playroom with media cabinet and kitchenette
- Nanny/in-law suite with bedroom, full bath, kitchen area, and separate entrance
- Bonus room/bedroom with full bath and walk-in closet
- Large exercise/bonus room
- Expansive back patio with grilling station
- Large lawn backed by woods 2-car garage with extra storage area and direct access to Kitchen, additional driveway parking
- Side deck with access to each level
For a virtual tour, click here.