Watch Jane Austen Films Under the Stars
Come enjoy outdoor screening of Jane Austen's classic novels in the North Garden of Dumbarton House. Doors open to Museum Members at 7:00 pm (memberships available online or at the door). Doors open to the public at 7:30 pm.
In the past, this event has required pre-registrations. This year, no registration is required to attend. Due to site capacity, admission will be first-come, first-served.
July 9th Emma (1996)
July 23rdSense & Sensibility (1995)
August 6thPride & Prejudice (2005)
All films will begin at sundown (around 8:30 pm).
Dumbarton House is located in Georgetown at 2715 Q Street.
For additional information, visit Dumbarton House or call 202.33.2288.
The Do’s of the Jane Austen Film Festival
- DO enter only at the front gate at 2715 Q Street (and DO make sure you haven’t mixed us up with Dumbarton Oaks!)
- DO come early. Grounds will open to Museum Members at 7:00 pm, and then to the public at 7:30 pm*. The film will start at sunset, approximately 8:30pm.
- DO understand that our lawn and site space is limited by occupancy restrictions, which is why admission is on a first-come, first-served basis
- DO bring your own blanket. If you prefer a lawn chair, it must be set up in the back.
- DO plan on purchasing the available concessions. Outside food/drink will not be allowed.
- DO respect the other guests. Smoking on Dumbarton House grounds during the event is prohibited.
- DO leave your dog and other animals at home.
- DO leave our grounds within 30 minutes after the end of the film.
- DO come back and visit us! The museum will not be open during the event, but please come back for a tour Tue-Sun, 11am-3pm (admission $5)!
For more info, click here.
Dumbarton House is located at Q Street.