Le Labo City Exclusives in Georgetown
"It is more humane to test cosmetics on New Yorkers than on animals."
Since 2020 when Le Labo opened in Georgetown, I've been a fan of Calone 17. Every year, the company makes all their City Exclusives available for in-store purchasing for four weeks only, starting September 1. Stop by and let us know your favorite.
The New York based fragrance company's manifesto will make you smile:
* We believe that there are too many bottles of perfume and not enough soulful fragrances
* We believe the soul of a fragrance comes from the intention with which it is created and the attention with which it is prepared
* We believe fine perfumery must create a shock - the shock of the new, combined with the shock of the intimately familiar
* We believe that fine perfumery must be irreverent
* We believe it is more humane to test cosmetics on New Yorkers than on animals
* We believe celebrities should pay full price
* We believe the future of luxury (hence of perfumery) lies in craftsmanship
* We believe in the soulful power of thoughtful hands: hand-picked roses, hand-poured candles, hand-formulated perfumes and handshake agreements
* We believe in the passionate souls who work close to us
* We believe in Hafiz's take on life : "Act great, dear. Always act great"
* We believe New York made us this way, with a dose of Wabi-Sabi and a few lines from Thoreau
* We believe we/you should put away our modern tools and take the time to smell the roses along the way
* We believe that we are only young once, but we can be immature forever
* And we believe that explanation kills art. Therefore, forget about all of this!
Le Labo is located at 3005 M Street in Georgetown.