La Galette des Rois
The King's Cake celebration at Embassy of France.
Come on your own or with friends Saturday, January 21, 2023 from 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm at Embassy of France.
During the entire month of January and even a little beyond, families and friends gather to celebrate the 700-year old tradition of Galette des Rois (The King's Cake). The cake, traditionally topped with a golden paper crown, is a sweet and delicious puff pastry confection with almond-flavored frangipane filling. The person who will end up with la fève, a small porcelain charm hidden in one of the slices, becomes a "King/Queen for the Day.”
Enjoy a most traditional yet lively evening featuring:
- Delicious Galettes des Rois prepared by Fresh Baguette
- Hors-D'oeuvres prepared by Chef Daniel Labonne, Executive Chef at the Embassy of France - VIP Hour only
- Degustation of Jambon de Bayonne, a delicate and delicious cured ham from the Basque region of France.
- Selection of delicious French cheeses, cold cuts and veggie options.
- Open bar all night - Enjoy a glass of Champagne and bubblies or other wine from France Excellent red, white and rosé wines from Bordeaux, Burgundy, Loire Valley, Alsace. Rhone, Provence, etc.
- European Beers
- Live music
Network with fellow Francophiles, French VIPs, diplomats, and professionals.
The event is organized by the French American Chamber of Commerce as a festival of French wine and hors-d’oeuvres.
Due to security considerations at the embassy, you must reserve a ticket in advance to attend this event. All guests must be 21 and over.
Purchase tickets here.
Embassy of France is located at 4101 Reservoir Road in Georgetown.