The Friends of Fillmore Arts Center is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the creation of Fillmore Arts Center, an innovative concept launched in 1974 to provide robust arts instruction to elementary DCPS students. An afternoon of family-friendly fun will take place on Saturday, September 27th, 2014 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm in the Fillmore/Hardy School Field and Parking Lot across from the "Social" Safeway on Wisconsin Avenue.
The event will feature kids activities, such as moon bounces, face painting, and art tables, along with a series of performances by Fillmore's past & present students and teachers, including pianist Janelle Gill, bassist Michael Bowie, singer/songwriter Rachel Cross, and others, and an appreciation of the Fillmore founders and early staff. The Blue Sky Puppet Theatre will also perform.
Several food trucks and vendors will be there to provide refreshments -- Dolci Gelati, Rocklands, and Simply Bahn Mi. This event is FREE.
Come enjoy outdoor screening of Jane Austen's classic novels in the North Garden of Dumbarton House. Doors open to Museum Members at 7:00 pm (memberships available online or at the door). Doors open to the public at 7:30 pm.
In the past, this event has required pre-registrations. This year, no registration is required to attend. Due to site capacity, admission will be first-come, first-served.
July 9th Emma (1996)
July 23rd Sense & Sensibility (1995)
August 6th Pride & Prejudice (2005)
All films will begin at sundown (around 8:30 pm).
Dumbarton House is located in Georgetown at 2715 Q Street.
For additional information, visit Dumbarton House or call 202.33.2288.
The Do’s of the Jane Austen Film Festival
- DO enter only at the front gate at 2715 Q Street (and DO make sure you haven’t mixed us up with Dumbarton Oaks!)
- DO come early. Grounds will open to Museum Members at 7:00 pm, and then to the public at 7:30 pm*. The film will start at sunset, approximately 8:30pm.
- DO understand that our lawn and site space is limited by occupancy restrictions, which is why admission is on a first-come, first-served basis
- DO bring your own blanket. If you prefer a lawn chair, it must be set up in the back.
- DO plan on purchasing the available concessions. Outside food/drink will not be allowed.
- DO respect the other guests. Smoking on Dumbarton House grounds during the event is prohibited.
- DO leave your dog and other animals at home.
- DO leave our grounds within 30 minutes after the end of the film.
- DO come back and visit us! The museum will not be open during the event, but please come back for a tour Tue-Sun, 11am-3pm (admission $5)!
For more info, click here.
Dumbarton House is located at Q Street.
Enjoy an afternoon of jazz at Dumbarton House on June 29 for one of the 2014 DC Jazz Fest's "Jazz in the 'Hoods" concerts!
As part of DC Jazz Fest's 10th year running, Dumbarton House is excited to be welcoming the Bohemian Caverns Jazz Orchestra - named Best of DC Jazz: Large Ensemble in both 2011 and 2012 - to the North Garden for an afternoon of jazz. Chairs will not be provided and lawn seating is open, and blankets are encouraged. If you bring lawn chairs, please set them up at the rear.
No outside food, please, as food will be available on-site to benefit Dumbarton House, including wine sales by Tradewinds Specialty Imports ($6/glass; $10 for two; $8 champagne) and food. Bottled water and sodas will be for sale ($1 each). CASH SALES only.
This event will take place in the North Garden of Georgetown's Dumbarton House at 2715 Q Street.
Grounds open at 2:00 pm. Orchestra performs at 3:00 pm. Buy tickets here.