A La Carte
Christmas. There. I said it. Yes, Jesus IS the reason for this Advent season symbolized by circular evergreen wreaths, so charmingly and whimsically adorning the doors of Georgetown.
EastBanc's latest jewel, 1055High, a seven-unit luxury condiminium property, overlooks the C&O Canal and Wisconsin Avenue. Reminiscent of nearby 1033 Water Street and Cady's Alley (also by EastBanc), with an historic-industrial aesthetic and modern finishes (including Boffi cabinetry), these residences offer its owners a unique view of Georgetown.
Tuesday was the Socks Only Party for lucky guests invited to take a peek before the new owners move in. Not a traditional open house as all units (priced between $3,600,000 and $5,550,000) were sold within weeks of being offered prior to construction earlier this year.
With a rooftop pool and fitness center, private outdoor terrace space, garage space for two cars, large open kitchens and heated marble bathrooms, 1055High is a true urban oasis.
If you're wondering why a four-story building is called 'High,' High Street was the name of what is now Wisconsin Avenue until 1895, when Congress mandated that Georgetown's street names be changed.
Enjoy the view!
These are a dozen of my best discoveries for 2014:
1. Oh My Son CD because Marcos Galvany's operatic tableaux is The Nutcracker for Easter.
2. Bastille Day at the Eiffel Tower because no one puts on a sound and light show like the French.
3. Living Well Health Club at The Washington Hilton because their olympic-size outdoor pool lured me into the gym. Thank you, Chan Frazier.
4. Georgetown Heritage because they're going to bring back the boat and save the C&O Canal.
5. A Brief Encounter because Hannah Yelland dazzles in this brilliant Kneehigh Theatre Company Production.
6. Bocce at Pinstripes because it's fun and a cocktail is within arm's reach.
7. Savannah Cupcake because these little gems are best in class.
8.The Price of Inheritance because Karin Tanabe's wit and intellect shine in her latest caper.
9. Pardi's Sagrantino de Montefalco Wine because this Umbrian grape is a reminder of Italy's warmth and charm.
9. POSTES because Claudine Sorel's interpretation of the French postman's bag is a modern classic.
11. Consider it Done because Bernardaud's Kintsugi Sarkis plates are here along with other treasures for the tableware obsessed.
12. sweetGreen Frozen Yogurt because yogurt isn't supposed to taste like it came out of a machine.