Co-presented with Blues Alley & Washington Performing Arts, Chick Corea and Béla Fleck, two master songwriters, musicians, and band leaders come together for a genre-busting pairing of piano and banjo on Wednesday September 30, 2015, starting at 8:00 pm at The Music Center at Strathmore.
With a mix of jazz and pop standards, crossing a myriad of genres, from jazz, bluegrass, rock, flamenco and gospel, this casual, intimate evening with two legends from different musical worlds combines classic tunes from Corea and Fleck’s catalogs with music from their Grammy-winning duet album, The Enchantment.
- Two of a kind and perfect together! Jazz joins banjo in this eclectic pairing
- With 63 nominations, Corea is the fourth-most-nominated artist in the history of the Grammys
- Fleck’s stardom is no accident. He bears the names of musical giants—Béla (like Bartok), Anton (like Dvorak), and Leos (like Janacek)
For tickets, click here.
The Music Center at Strathmore is located at 5301 Tuckerman Lane, North Bethesda, MD.
Tuesday, August 25, 2015 from 11:00 am until noon, Tudor Place will be doing an archaeological excavation outside of the Dower House (Administration Building). This portion of the property is largely unexplored, but was part of the original tract of land purchased by the Peter family in 1806. The project will give our Preservation staff more insight into early uses of this northern portion of the property.
Join Director of Historic Preservation Jessica Zullinger for a presentation and personal conversation to learn more about the archaeological work being done at Tudor Place and for a tour of the current dig site. Objects discovered during previous excavations will be on view!
Tudor Place relies on grant-funded excavations undertaken by archaeologists knowledgeable in the material culture of the Mid-Atlantic and Chesapeake region. This work is critical to better understanding and interpreting this National Historic Landmark.
- Due to the size of the excavation site, space is limited. Registration required.
- This program is free to members of all levels. Membership at Tudor Place includes invitations, behind-the-scenes access, and name recognition. Learn more.
Questions about this event or prefer to register offline? Email or call Felice Herman at 202.580.7321.
The Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington's (RAMW)'s annual Restaurant Week is August 17th-23rd, 2015.
Enjoy special three-course, prix-fixe menus around town. Lunches are priced at $22 and dinners are priced at $35. Please click here for more information, menu details and to make reservations.
The Georgetown BID has compiled a list of participating Georgetown restaurants here.