According to Washington Business Journal, several D.C. Starbucks locations have applied for licenses to serve wine and beer. Five D.C. locations have applied to the Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration to serve wine and beer, according to ABRA documents. Those locations are at:
- 443 Seventh St. NW in Penn Quarter
- 1700 Connecticut Ave. NW, north of Dupont Circle
- 5500 Connecticut Ave. NW in Chevy Chase
- 1810 Wisconsin Ave. NW in Georgetown
- 1301 Connecticut Ave. NW, just south of Dupont Circle
Anyone wishing to comment on the Starbucks alcoholic beverage licenses must submit petitions or requests to appear before the ABRA board by Nov. 23.
Read more here.
Save the date to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Dumbarton House's 'Moving Day.'
The Ladies of Dumbarton House Board and the DC Society of The National Society of The Colonial Dames of America invite you to save the date for this special evening reception celebating the historic move of Dumbarton House in 1915 and the building of the Dumbarton Bridge to connect Georgetown with the rest of the city.
The evening reception will take place on October 8, 2015. Details to come.
Dumbarton House is located at 2715 Q Street in Georgetown.
Co-presented with Blues Alley & Washington Performing Arts, Chick Corea and Béla Fleck, two master songwriters, musicians, and band leaders come together for a genre-busting pairing of piano and banjo on Wednesday September 30, 2015, starting at 8:00 pm at The Music Center at Strathmore.
With a mix of jazz and pop standards, crossing a myriad of genres, from jazz, bluegrass, rock, flamenco and gospel, this casual, intimate evening with two legends from different musical worlds combines classic tunes from Corea and Fleck’s catalogs with music from their Grammy-winning duet album, The Enchantment.
- Two of a kind and perfect together! Jazz joins banjo in this eclectic pairing
- With 63 nominations, Corea is the fourth-most-nominated artist in the history of the Grammys
- Fleck’s stardom is no accident. He bears the names of musical giants—Béla (like Bartok), Anton (like Dvorak), and Leos (like Janacek)
For tickets, click here.
The Music Center at Strathmore is located at 5301 Tuckerman Lane, North Bethesda, MD.