Hall of Famer and former Washington Redskin Sonny Jurgensen is preparing for double knee surgery this week. It will be done over two days. Sonny is the Voice of the Washington Redskins Radio with Sam Huff and Larry Michael.
He has suffered injuries from playing football over 40 years ago. "It was just time to get it done," says Jurgensen. With more than five surgeries on one leg during his long career, this operation will be performed by Dr. James Geurra, founder of the Collier Sports Medicine Center.
Sonny will recuperate in Naples, Florida. When asked by his six year old year granddaughter if he will play football again after the knee operation, Sonny responded with a wink, " I don't see why not." Watch out RGIII!
Until now, it was either a taxi ride or Uber. Just like their black car and SUV service, you can now call up UberTAXI on your Uber app. As the company says, "In a nutshell, Uber TAXI offers the reliablity and convenience you can expect from Uber at a lower cost, so you can pick exactly what kind of ride you need, whenver you need it."
Ready to try UberTAXI? Please keep these things in mind:
- Supply will be limited at first.Many taxis don’t fit Uber standards, so we are curating our supply pretty carefully.
- Black car will remain the default.To request a taxi instead of a black car, be sure to select TAXI in the Uber app, then request as usual.
- Once you get in the car, your driver will start the regular taximeter.At the end of the trip, your driver will input the fare into their Uber iPhone, including all tolls and surcharges that would normally apply for a DC taxi ride. This also includes the $2.00 dispatch fee, standard for any dispatched DC taxi.
- Like any Uber ride, you don’t need to pay the driver directly.All charges will go to your credit card on file.
- A 20% gratuity will be added to your fare.This will be done automatically and charged to your credit card, exactly like a black car Uber ride (and unlike any taxi ride you’ve ever taken here in the District!).
- At this time, TAXI will only be available for pick-ups in the District.If you are in Virginia or Maryland, stay tuned for updates about when UberTAXI will be available to you.
- Requesting via text message? Head to m.uber.com to request a taxi.
- Don’t need a taxi?You can keep using all the same sedan and SUV options exactly as before.
You can sign up for Uber right here.
il Canale Ristorante & Pizzeria, Georgetown, is having some political fun with its specials offered during Presidential Inauguration Week, Thursday January 17 through Tuesday January 22.
It’s all wrapped up in a price of only $45 (excludes tax and tip). First start off with the Happy-Days-Are-Here-Again Toast of a glass of sparkling prosecco. Then go for the Barack Appetizer which is a platter of crispy tender calamari and zucchini.
You can order from three entrees: The POTUS (Supreme di pollo ai funghi misti) or The Michelle (linguine alle vongole which is pasta with cockle clams served with a cherry tomato and white wine/garlic sauce) or the Mr. Speaker (Branzino al Cartoccio which is Mediterranean Sea bass filet baked in parchment paper with mixed vegetables. From there, have an Entitlement Dessert because you deserve it (tiramisu).
For an after- dinner drink, the special menu offering is A Lift-Up-Your-Spirits Lemoncello.
Between each course you get The Laissez-Faire (all you can eat fresh bread baked on the premises in an open oven).
Il Canale is located at 1063 31st Street. Tel: 202-337-4444.